The PSA (Problem Solving Assesment) Series in schools is an innovative step to assist the learners in acquiring the generic and higher order thinking skills (HOTS). It will aid in assessing student’s ability to process, interpret and use information instead of assessing student’s prior subject matter knowledge. The PSA series is designed and graded in accordance with the latest guidance of CBSE.
Salient Features of the Book
‘Concepts of PSA’ series essentially contains the effective syllabi which aims to strengthen the HOTS such as Problem Solving, Decision Making and Logical Reasoning. Keeping this aim in view, the following salient features are incorporated in the series:
- The exercises are graded systematically on the basis of scientific method and learning process.
- It consists of a variety of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), some of which are figure-based problems.
- The series contains a plethora of questions based on Qualitative Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Language Conventions.
- The language used in the series is apt, lucid and interesting.
- It will hone the twenty first century life skills such as creative thinking, critical thinking and communication.
It is a widely accepted fact that analytical skills, ability to apply basic concepts of different subjects in Science and Mathematics, comprehension and analysis of written text are such skills which ensure success in higher studies. The junior ‘Concepts of PSA’ series of classes covers different dimensions of these skills and thus will also help the students in their core subjects. We hope that this series will be useful to the students and also to the teachers. We expect that the teachers will motivate the students and explore the subject further constructive suggestions will be gratefully acknowledged to make these books much more useful.