The CBSE has prescribed this novel as Long Reading Text under the Reading Project.
The salient features of the book are as follows :
- The entire text is unabridged.
- The annotations have been written strictly according to the CBSE requirement, keeping in mind the objectives of this newly introduced project on long reading.
- The book is reader-friendly and does away with the need for any further external help in the form of a tutor.
- To facilitate the reader, meanings of difficult/unfamiliar words, phrases and expressions have been provided.
- The reader will find a chapter-wise interpretation of the text .
- With a view to help the reader recapitulate the main events of the chapter, the same have been provided.
- Text-based questions on plot and incidents, involving interpretation and inference are also given. They will go a long way in helping the reader understand the given text.