National Educational Policy NEP (2020) truly recommends transforming the assessments system to promote the development of students and suggests a shift from testing rote memorization to competency-Based learning. To map progress throughout the school year, NEP proposes an annual school examination for all students in grades 3, 5, and 8 for testing core concepts, application of knowledge, and higher-order thinking skills. SAFAL (Structured Assessment For Analyzing Learning) levels will ensure progress throughout the school by providing relevant diagnostic information about students learning to schools and thus support schools’ education to move towards Competency-Based Education.
CBSE has strictly invited all schools to participate in SAFAL. Measurement of student learning outcomes is important for improving the quality of education. Information gathered after student assessment can help students and educators choose the next level in the education process. Two kinds of assessments of student learning can be formative to give feedback to learners and teachers on their skills and progress.
@ Individual assessments for students.
@ System-level assessments or evaluations for schools, regions, or national education system.
The Key Feature of Assessment
- Test Core Concepts and move away from rote learning.
- Assessment is applicable for all government and private schools.
- School-level data will be shared for the development of learning outcomes.
- Report data to be used for continuous monitoring and improvement.
Why SAFAL for CBSE Schools?
- Establish a formal protocol to collect valid and reliable data to chart performance on competencies at and below the grade level and Monitor progress.
- School-level performance on key competencies and proficiency levels can be used to measure the effectiveness of a system through systematic monitoring and reporting of learning levels.
- School managements and school systems can use data for targeting academic support and data-based management.
Vidya Prakashan’s extreme contribution in developing and adhering to books as per NEP for Grade 3, 5 & 8 SAFAL, which includes Pilot assessment for language and Mathematics offered in the school’s language of instruction for Hindi and English medium schools. SAFAL will help teachers, students, and the entire schooling system to continuously revise teaching-learning processes to optimize learning and development for all students and school learning habits. SAFAL will be conducted on a pilot basis in CBSE Schools for students’ academic yr. 2021-2022 and for extended yrs.
SAFAL For Schools: The Assessment will provide diagnostic information to schools on core competencies, SAFAL reports school performance on each competency and proficiency level to identify areas of focus and guide schools towards improving their learning levels.
SAFAL For Parents: Assess performance for your child’s school on core concepts. Support at-home learning for children to shift away from rote memorization and shift to skill-based and competency-based education.
Latest Edition CBSE SAFAL Books for Grade 3, Grade 5 and Grade 8 are available for Assessment Exam for the year 2023-2024.